Soup with Jalapeno and Lime Chicken! White beans, salsa verde, fresh jalapeno, and lime juice make this dish simple and healthful.
Some soups are excellent for the fall season, while others are exceptional.
Jalapeno Lime Chicken Soup comes to mind casually.
If you prefer spicy foods, this is the dish for you if you enjoy a variety of toppings. Suppose you enjoy meals that come together in a flash.
You Came to the Right Party.
In a nutshell, the soup is a fantastic family-friendly dish. It’s packed with delicious ingredients that will shake up your soup routine. Chicken, white beans, and a salty/spicy taste, but with a cool and refreshing broth to balance it. To be honest, I’m inclined to use the phrase flavor explosion right now.
We’ve all been trapped in that chicken wild rice soup rut for a long time, and while I enjoy that creamy goodness for its own comfort food feelings, it lacks the invigorating capabilities of this green queen.
This one will clear out any remaining head colds, make your eyes googly-pop, and give you a nice booty kick to kick off the fall season.
We’re not known for our love of spicy food in Minnesota, or perhaps I should say in my family. No way, jalapeno. However, in previous years, this soup has been our extended family’s own holiday miracle: they’ve tried it and liked it.
And I scooped up all the leftovers with tortilla chips, asked for extra lime juice, and lived happily ever after.
How To Make Our Jalapeno Lime Chicken Soup In The Instant Pot:
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 jalapenos, ribs, and seeds removed, 1/2 red onion, chopped 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt (more salt as needed)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 14-ounce cans of drained white beans
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa verde, 2 limes’ juice, fresh cilantro, sour cream, and shredded cheese
- Sauté the onion and jalapeno in olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat until tender and aromatic.
- Pour in the water and salt. Bring the water to a boil. Pour in the raw chicken breasts. Cook for 5-10 minutes, covered. Remove from the heat but leave the cover on for another 20 minutes to allow the chicken to finish cooking. Set aside the chicken breasts to cool.
- Pour in the white beans and salsa. Cook for 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime into the stew just before serving. To serve, cut the remaining lime into wedges. Taste and adjust the salt as needed. Garnish with fresh cilantro, sour cream, and shredded cheese if desired.
After Step 2, strain the broth through a fine sieve, reserving the liquid to eliminate any undesired chicken fat. Return the liquid to the pot and place it over medium heat. You can also remove the chicken fat by simply scraping it across the surface.
This is also wonderful with white rice, either within or as a side dish. It helps to balance out the heat.
In an Instant Pot, combine the jalapenos, red onion, water, salt, chicken, beans, and salsa verde and cook for 10 minutes on the soup setting with a rapid release. Shred the chicken and add 1 lime juice to the soup. Garnish with fresh cilantro, sour cream, and shredded cheese if desired.
Learn more: Health Benefits of Tomatoes